4.22.2012

{A Brother's Love}


This picture was on Christmas Eve, perfect jacket weather to visit our freshly covered grave.  We stop by whenever we can because it helps us talk about and remember Baby Marcus.

The other night we were out and near the cemetery so we stopped by, didn't even get out, just said "hi'.  We got home and sent the boys downstairs to get their jammies on.  I went down a few minutes later to find Jacob curled up on the couch, crying softly.  I sad down and asked him what was wrong.  He sat up, threw his arms around me and continued crying.  I asked him again what was the matter and through sobs he said to me, "I love Baby Marcus."  I of course start sobbing, then dad walks in on this scene wondering what the heck happened.  We sat and talked for a long time and reminded each other that it is okay to just be sad.

I love how sensitive Jacob his, because he reminds us daily about the most important things in our lives.  He is such a good friend, brother and son, and looks forward to meeting his brother Marcus someday.

1 comments:

GrandmaCathy said...

Jacob is such a unique little boy with his sweet and tender heart--loved your post!!