12.23.2010

{my babe's birthday}


My babe had a birthday earlier this month, and we were all super excited to celebrate!! Marcus and I got to go out the night before because he had to be at work and school all day on his birthday. I felt really tired that night and so we just went to dinner. Then in the middle of the night I woke up SICK as a dog! Once Marcus got up he opened his presents (thankfully I had already wrapped them) while I was in and out of consciousness (or at least felt like it) and I told myself I had to get up to make him his traditional birthday breakfast. That consists of lots of greasy breakfast meat and the works, which was making my stomach turn even more with the shear thought of it. Immediately he said, "Don't worry about it babe, we can celebrate on Saturday." and I was out on the couch again. I don't even think I squeezed out a "happy birthday" to him when he got home, I was so out of it. Of course he didn't complain and was more worried about me all day
Well, all that aside, we did celebrate a few days afterward and Marcus got to relax all day and watch football, while the kids and I made his favorite breakfast (which I could still barely look at!) and his favorite chocolate creme cake. I think he had a great celebration-two-days-after-the-real-day!

We love you babe and consider ourselves the luckiest family around to have you as our husband and dad!!!! Happy Birthday!!

0 comments: