My good friend's grandma passed away last week and I found myself saying "I'm going to be more patient and not take advantage of the time I still have with my grandma" Oddly enough I've had the whole week to spend with her while my mom is out of town and I've been very greatful. She has given me such a great heritage and example in her life and it makes me mad when she says it's not fair that I am here babysitting her. It is more than fair! Isn't that what family does for each other? It is ESPECIALLY awesome for me to get to do this for my grandma because she has already done one hundred times the service for me and my family. So even when she is going 0.003 miles per hour on the electric scooter at the store I just have to smile and laugh and say "Come on Grandma, speed it up." (one million times) And then after one million times of that Jacob of course has to chime in. "Come on Ga Ga B." I can't believe she survived crossing the street going that speed. It is pretty special to have her ask me to say a prayer for her before she goes to bed and I will always cherish that moment of praying with such a strong woman. It has also been fun to be home. My new home is definitely home to me but this is just a different home. It is nice to have my dad not even think about leaving the house before we have family prayer. Marcus and I try to do this but I guess after 40 years of practice you don't even have to think about it. Anywho, its been a nice week.
2.04.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a sweet post! this makes me miss my grandma!
I cried ... and I laughed reading this. THANK YOU for your time spent with Grandma. You receive back so much more than you ever give. There are SO many lessons learned and blessings received. And your boys are learning lessons up close and personal. Thanks for your example.
Post a Comment