7.06.2008

oh yah: how to survive IKEA


My sweetie and I got to do a little golfing on Saturday (thanks for the kid relief mom! I was going bananas!) And while we were out made an IKEA run. Does your husband start to sweat and panic when he hears the word IKEA? Mine is pretty good about shopping with me, but he just about draws the line with IKEA. But he was totally willing after my impressive golfing skills (he has missed those). It went surprisingly well, so here are some tips on surviving IKEA, or for your husband to survive IKEA rather.

1. Do some serious pep talking on the way, and have a game plan.

2. Once inside implemet that game plan onto the map and remind your husband that there are several shortcuts to get to where you want.

3. After the first floor, direct your husband to the cafe and let him choose his favorite dessert. (chocolate cake did it for my hubby!) Take your time and remind him that you only have one more floor to go. "Next time I want the meatballs." he says as we're leaving. Okay, he is actually getting into the experience!

4. Well, after the cake there were no more survival techniques! He was sold! I even had to lead him away from the kitchen section (it was not in our gameplan!) because we really needed to get going. He just couldn't get over all the cool knives! (he suggested we get some for my mom, what a cutie!)

So that was it. You IKEA people are brilliant putting a cafe midway through your store. Who knew? (obviously someone like my husband who is mostly driven by food)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So what did you get? I want to go JUST for the food...reminds me of Finland! And geez....everytime I check your blog, you have 4,390 new posts! I can't keep up!

Erin said...

You'll have to take me to IKEA sometime and show me the ropes...I've heard so many stories I haven't dared go in yet...

I have to refer to an earlier post you did about Marcus...he is really amazing! So patient! YAY Marcus!

I love, love the pics of Jacob hiding his eyes from the fireworks! Kids are so funny sometimes!! Jacob just has such a tender heart! He's thinking, why watch things explode and make loud booms?

Melissa said...

My husband Jeff had the worst allergy/asthma attack at Ikea a few years ago. I can never drive past without remembering his inflamed eyes. I had to drive home really fast to get his inhaler. I don't think we've been back since. Maybe it is a good thing. He hasn't had something that bad since.

Also, really cute pictures below of your son hiding from the fireworks. It is such a hit and miss on 4th of July. Luckily my little one slept through the whole thing.