Last Thursday was the date my parents had set months previous for their six children and their spouses to go to the temple with them to celebrate their birthday. After all was said and done I thought of a list of reasons why I shouldn't have made it to the temple that night.
1. my babysitter who I arranged for a week earlier bailed the day before
2. my kids had been sick and that day I started feeling a head cold (the worst kind) coming on, I took a 2 1/2 hour nap and still woke up feeling like I had been hit by a bus
3. because of my nap I was running late getting ready
4. there are many roads to the temple but we chose the one that happened to be blocked at the end of it because of an accident
5. we turned around to back track and took another road which was in a traffic jam
6. while we were turning the car started putting because we were almost out of gas (I was ready to throw in the towel at this point)
So anywho, we made it and needless to say it was awesome, even more so than usual. My whole family was together in the one place that I think Satan tries to keep us away from the most. Come to find out I think we all had as much trouble getting there (babies, car trouble, sickness). And as each thing on my list happened I said to myself "Okay, we're not going." But I knew as soon as I had that thought, that was the exact reason that we needed to get there. So all I can say is that we made it and who knows how that will change our lives. Thanks mom and day for making your birthday present a trip to the temple with your kids. You obviously know the blessings that will come from that are far greater than any other gift you could receive.
6.02.2008
Someone didn't want us there
Posted by Unknown at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree totally. And I know my prayers were answered that day. Thanks for making all the extra efforts to get there. Our family won that night in spite of everything placed in our way that might have prevented it from happening. I just feel very grateful.
Love, mom
Wow Marci! I didn't know you guys had major road blocks too! I could not believe the strange occurances that were trying so hard to stop us from getting there too! I completely agree that it was truly a blessing to be there with everyone. Mom is the best...what a saint!
Post a Comment