6.13.2008

"Pearl Harbor? Oh yes, I had eggs and chips."


My husband is so funny. I always tease him because any story he tells me, past or present, one of the main points is always what he ate and how it tasted. Not kidding! He doesn't tell stories that don't involve food! I know more about what he ate on his mission than anything else! He loves food, and often has eyes bigger than his stomach! (Which is hillarious because Tate is the same way. Last night Tate ate his dinner and then finished Jacob's and then mine!) I've told my mom this and she said that my dad does the same thing, except he doesn't include what he ate in his stories, but rather what car he was driving. He remembers everything by what car he was driving at the time. Last night Marcus told me about the first night they slept in their new house his parents are living in now without power or anything. "We had Papa John's pizza." (said with a sort of passion I didn't know existed with Papa John's pizza) I just laugh at him now. But then last night we watched Jay Leno and Mike Meyers was on. He told about his mom and she is the same way! "Pearl Harbor, oh yes I had eggs and chips." I was laughing so hard! I guess my husband is not the only one who associates life events with food!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's funny. Devon is very passionate about food also. However, his passion is either over really, really yummy food or food he absolutely hates!

Unknown said...

I love that about Tate! So funny...I wish Parker would finish off our dinners!

Melissa said...

This made me laugh. I guess it is good to be passionate about something. P.S. That Biggest Loser workout is my favorite workout DVD. I like it because it works you out really good but it simple too.