4.17.2011

{my biggest fans}

Salt Lake City Half Marathon Race Day

finally came! It was so nice to race after all of the training. I decided to prove my "coach" wrong and not run conservatively. So I let it all out and was able to run around an 8:30 minute mile for almost 8 miles. I slowed down quite a bit for the rest of the race but was still able to finish with an average pace of 9:27 and a finish time of 2 hours 2 minutes. I was really happy with my time and can't wait to do it again because I know I can improve!



I had my parents, my brother and his kids and of course my hubby (my #1 fan) and kids cheering me on at the last mile and it made my whole race worth it!



I've been training with my friend Lindy and SIL Robyn (Robyn will be with us for the marathon!) but we only brought what we were going to race with so had to get a picture later with our medals...



Ya know my #1 fan? Yah he is amazing. He knew what he was getting into last fall when I committed to these races and he not only accepted the responsibility, but was excited for it! He has been the Mr. Mom around here and has picked up the slack with my time being spent in training. And the best part is, I never have to ask or remind him to do it. He just does. He just does the dishes, he just folds the laundry, he just feeds the kids and cleans up after them, he just bathes them and puts them to bed. And you know they adore him because every chore he does with them, he makes fun (and he is a lot nicer than me!).

Well, I couldn't have done any of this without him. He encourages me and praises me and doesn't let a day go by without telling me how much he loves me and is grateful for all I do for him (to which I just laugh!).


Next goal: complete the marathon in T minus 30 days!

0 comments: