Okay, so I'm not Irish, but when talking to my boys teacher the other day she told me how LUCKY I am. It made me have gratitude for all of the good things I have in my life.
I've always enjoyed each new thing my children have done, from rolling over to starting to read, and I've never wished they would stop growing or missed the things they used to do. I just embrace it all and look forward to the future. That being said, this song is one of my favorites ~ Let Them Be Little by Lonestar ~ It says exactly how I feel...
I've never felt so much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, prayers and your wishes
Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see
Every night while we're on our knees all I ask is please
Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little
{truth be told I don't let them sleep in the middle, that is only for my other baby!}
I'm sure I will be sad when they really aren't little anymore, but I've still got awhile for that. I can still hold them on my lap and listen while they tell me about their day (I hope to hold them on my lap even when they're teenagers!) But this song reminds me to never miss an opportunity to let them be kids, to chase them around the house, to tickle them till they're sick, and to just goof off with them! They love that.
I love the excitement they get when their friend Ernie makes a teddy bear cake just for them...
1 comments:
I loved this blog. And those cookie bouquets are SO cute. Here's a shout out to the AMAZING MARCI ! ! !
Post a Comment