{2010 in Review}
~ Jacob is a completely different kid than he was at the beginning of last year. He used to freak out about EVERYTHING! And now he is just easy going and rolls with life a lot better. He is also a great friend. He makes friends easily and I think it is because he is just a kind, likable kid and other kids are drawn to him. He loves school and is every teachers dream (I know because I was one!).
~ Tate's personality just keeps growing! He makes the funniest faces and says the funniest things, he always keeps me laughing! (I'd like to say he gets that from me!!??) He also came out of the terrible 2's this year and is now a very easy going kid who likes to be rewarded for his good behavior! He loves having laundry parties (I know right!!??). He started school this year and his teacher reports that he is simply a good kid who follows the rules. He has really come into his own this year (with the good example of his older brother to follow!)
~ Maizie had a big year with crawling, walking, talking, running and turning 1! This has been such a fun year watching her grow. She is still the little princess around here and surprises us every day with how smart she is!
~ Marcus and I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar with my family and had a great experience (so much so I'm doing it again this year!) I also ran several other races and so a great part of 2010 was getting in shape again after baby #3!
(Marci and Marcus on the back left)

I can't believe I'm posting this picture, but here I am after baby #3.
But I'm happy to say that a little over a year later, I've lost 36 lbs (and counting)!
~We spent several days in Mesquite with Marcus' parents, in between Marcus' school, work and being out of town for 2 months! (that was not a highlight of 2010, but we survived!)
{Things I learned}
~3 kids pushed me further than I thought it would, so when I didn't think I could handle it I took this advice. "You don't have to handle it. There is no rule book somewhere that says you have to go through life handling everything. Just muddle." ~15 Secrets To A Happy Home
~Taking time to sit down with my kids and do what they wanted to do gave me more satisfaction than ANYTHING!
~Relationships change, some for the better some for the worse...the only thing I could do about it was think "What would Jesus do?" and do it! Then learn to "do good to them that hate you". Easier said than done, but very important.
~I realized how much I can depend on my husband in any situation. I also learned how much he depends on me. He shared with me some thoughts about how he credits one piece of advice that I gave him years ago, to some success he is having now. I don't even remember telling him what I did. I appreciate both of us being able to help and support each other.
{Looking forward to 2011}
~Our Stake President told us last week that he knew there were miracles in store for us this year if we did the things we should be doing. That gave me great comfort and a week later we had our first miracle. I know things will continue to work out this year.
~I am going to run my first marathon the week before I turn 30!!! I am so excited to finish the marathon AND my 30th birthday!
~Marcus and I will be making our third attempt to see Celine Dion (before you laugh and say "her poor husband", I'll tell you this has been Marcus' life long dream!!) Here we come Vegas!!
~There are lots of other things I see happening in 2011 but don't want to jinx myself! So stay tuned!
2 comments:
Holy cow, Marci! Your before and after pictures are amazing! I'm so proud of you for working so hard! Loved this post! Love you!
you are looking totally Hot Girl!
Post a Comment