12.23.2010

{my season favorites}

~ 3 Babies in a Box ~
We got a big box early in December that entertained the kids for days, I would have loved to open up a box to see these cuties!

~ Tate singing "Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum" ~
The kids have EMBRACED all the Christmas music. They are always asking me to turn it louder in the car. Jacob has lots of favorites, but Tate's favorite is The Little Drummer Boy. He does the drums the whole time, and I LOVE it! He actually is saying "Bum" while he is drumming, I think that is part of the reason he loves it so much! And Maizie just loves to dance while we all sing!
~ Building this guy with my boys ~

My kids never ask to play in the snow, but the other day Marcus had them convinced they needed to make a snowman before he got home. So a few hours later they were getting restless in the house and I told them they needed to go outside. I was then met with "Noooooo! It is too cold Mom!" But I needed my rowdy boys to work out some energy so I said Too Bad! I got them all bundled up like in Christmas Story and off they went. I looked at Maizie playing in her room and decided to throw on my snow clothes and help them since the poor kids had never built a snowman!! We had a blast! And our snowman turned out pretty good too! (Maizie also enjoyed being unattended. She destroyed a pack of gum, several tree ornaments and tore apart my purse. Gotta love that girl!)

~ Tate squealing at me "I don't like kisses!" ~
So we got this and I trap them every chance I get while proclaiming "Too bad! I'm your mom and I will kiss you whenever I want!!" Muahahahaha!


~ The lights at Temple Square ~

We spent an afternoon with Marcus' family and then evening at Temple Square. Loved it, but especially the kids loved it, just look at those smiles!



{my little buddies}

with cousin Haylee

{little animal}

~ Our Christmas Miracle ~
We've had such a great Christmas season, so it didn't damper our spirits too much when we had to take the van in this week to get the heater working and spend a big chunk of money (that we didn't have laying around with Christmas and all). But it was still concerning to us. Then on Wednesday morning I got home from the gym and there was a message from Marcus' boss. He wanted me to come into the office and said that Marcus didn't know about it. I was a little freaked out but love Marcus' employers so I hoped it would be okay. I packed up the kids and we went. The owner had just left but I talked to their secretary and she wondered how our Christmas was going and the kids told her what they wanted from Santa and I told her about our week. Then she told me how much they love Marcus and that Ray has been thinking about us and our little family and handed me an envelope. I thanked her and we left.
In the envelope was a check that matched the Christmas bonus that they had already given Marcus earlier this month. Marcus and I both cried about it. It just reaffirmed to us that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us and often uses his faithful servants to show us that (Marcus' employer in this case! So grateful for that!) He knows the exact moment that we need a boost, and he never lets us down.
I almost got sad the other day that Christmas was almost here because I don't the magic of the season to be over. But that just motivates me to keep the magic of our Savior in our home all year round.
We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and strive in the new year to be more like our Savior and try to be a little better and to do a little more for others.

0 comments: