That is what the kids and I were saying the week of Halloween, and we got really good at scaring each other!!
We always plan on carving pumpkins but this is the first year we've actually done it! And we picked the pumpkins from our own garden at that!! The boys were having a hard time getting into the pumpkin guts but I told them they had to if they wanted it carved so they finally did and we all just kept laughing about it. They don't like to be messy and wanted to wash their hands after every dip!
I think I've helped with the Ward Halloween Party the 5 years we've been here, but not this year! Finally!! So it was especially fun for me! Willy Wonka, Violet Boregard, Oompa-Loompas (if you couldn't tell...some thought we were The Mad Hatter, Blue Man group, green haired midgets...seriously people)
These have to be the cutest Oompa-Loompas you've ever seen, honestly. Even with the little one trying to get away!
Tate and Mom did awesome in the doughnut eating contest!
Tate won a prize for his pumpkin!!
Mom counted right on her favorite candy jar (okay actually I hate the chocolate candy corn but LOVE the rest!)
Jacob wasn't too thrilled about being an Oompa-Loompa, especially since he kept telling me that was not what they were supposed to wear (he's only seen the Johnny Depp version) so I told him if he would do that for me then he could wear what he wanted to trick or treat. So that meant a second set of costumes for everybody! (thankfully we borrowed almost all of them this year!)
1 comments:
Oh my goodness! You have the cutest kids! I love the oompa loompas!
Post a Comment