7.08.2010

Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay 2010

Marcus and I joined our family team last September and started preparing for this crazy race that was in June. Here are some stats:
Total # of miles ~ 188.2
Hours running ~ 33
Team members ~ 12
Vans ~ 2
Kills ~ we weren't counting!! we are not running snobs (except for Joe)!!
Hours, no wait, MINUTES of sleep ~ 30
HoneyBuckets we visited ~ maybe 250?
# of devices lost ~ 4 (all by Joe again! oh wait, he searched through a HoneyBucket to find one of them!)
During the race there was really only one word that came to mind...TORTURE! But in the end I would LOVE to do it all again because more than I ran, I laughed!!!!! That is really all you can do in the middle of the night (well, I guess you could cry, but laughing was much more fun!)
Van 1 at the start line (minus the party pooper...)

Blazin' Barts team at the start line (minus the party pooper...)



Go Nick!! (in orange) starting off strong

chillin' at Brian's house after waiting around 6 hours for our legs to start...

Go babe!! He rocked the next hill...

about 2 am, my mom finishing her second leg on the lighted runway...

waiting...

Aubrey and Joe, more waiting...

So glad to have Marcus there to support me and give me a kiss along with the baton...

Ready to start our final legs...

Van 2, all done!!!







Mom, all done!!

Brian and Aubrey at their last exchange...

The view from the top of the mountain...

Joe finishing the "Ragnar" hill...
Finish Line!! I was the last runner and I can't tell you happy I was to see my whole team and all of us cross the finish line together! And my favorite story is on my last leg I was on a secluded trail and I had to jump over a snake right in the middle of my way! There was just no other way around it!! That doesn't happen every day!
I missed my babies so much, but they had a blast with my friend Jessica and their Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Tom. They ate about 3 lbs of fruit snacks...every kids dream.

They were being funny since their car seats were still in the front room...

Can't wait till next year!! Have I convinced anyone else that this is a good thing?? Ya know, minus the torture??

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad I got to run with the family team. It was so much fun. I'm the same way. It's so crazy, but I love it!