5.10.2010

My addiction...

is not to RUNNING, all though I do love a good 600+ calorie burn, but if I'm running I am addicted to the TREADMILL!! So I was excited to be planning this 5k for my stake (my second time actually) and got to run it this year (last year I was 7 months prego!). Have to say I get somewhat intimidated by the pavement when I spend all winter on the treadmill so the first outdoor run just has to be done. It went better than I thought it would, I guess all the conditioning paid off!
So here we are pre-race...

and yes we all survived! Then there was these two little cuties who were born on the same day!! Maizie and Melanie...



Pretty enthralled with each other!

Another addiction...this little guy. I had made a mess in the kitchen and had the broom sitting there to clean it up after I finished the dishes. Tate was playing with the broom and I was getting after him to stop messing around, then I turn around to see this...

He actually had a little pile of dirt swept up!! So I let go of my perfectionism and let him sweep up the rest, he did a great job! Especially for a 2 year old (almost 3!)

Ahhhh, Wheeler Farm, we go there a couple times a year and the kids never ceased to be amazed. I guess the amazement has just turned to trying to catch and kill the seagull with their guns (aka sticks). There's no avoiding it because believe me I tried!!






Another addiction - family! We get to see family almost everyday and we love it! We went to see my grandparents and I love for my kids to get to know them like I do.

We also got to see 2 moms and 3 grandmas on Mother's Day Weekend! (those are all grandmas to my boys and Jacob loves to list them off ~ Grandma Lisa, Grandma Cathy, Grandma B, Grandma Nelson, Grandma Gadd)

My ultimate addiction ~ these little cuties and my sweetie! Who would want more than this on Mother's Day???? Marcus started spoiling me on Friday with a diet coke (my weakness), painted my toe nails, gave me a foot rub and back rub. Saturday morning I came home from running to an awesome breakfast, then he brought me beautiful roses and planted flowers in our flower beds ~ oh and Jacob and Tate gave me some cozy purple polka dot socks (Marcus is training them young!). Sunday he made breakfast again and gave me a nice card and the weight lifting gloves I've been wanting (pink and grey of course!) He didn't have any meetings so he got the kids all bathed and ready for church, then came home and made dinner for us and his parents ~ yummy lasagna, garlic bread and salad!
I really can't even list all that he does for me because he does little things, every single day. Earlier that week he brought me my new favorite candy bar, just because. You'd think this would be hard to keep up, but he does and never disappoints. He is just an amazing guy. And I know that he appreciates all that I do, because he tells me and shows me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe Tate actually swept up a real pile of dirt! Way to go, Tate! Cute pictures...I can't believe that Maizie will be ONE soon! Joe actually made me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day too...woo hoo! He probably would have made dinner, but we were supposed to go to your mom's until she got sick. Last minute dinner planning just doesn't work for Joe! Parker keeps asking when he can play with Jacob, so.....let's plan something soon!

Jaclyn said...

You are looking smoking hot after that 5K. Nice work! And send little Tate this way so he can sweep our floors too!