I spent about 5 hours yesterday painting this fish pond and Jacob was so interested. He sat and watched me paint a lot of it and kept saying it was "like George". Well sort of. In Curious George the movie, George goes crazy with the paint in some ladies apartment and gets in a lot of trouble. I let him paint on some paper and told him the board was from mommy but he still sat right by my side wanting to help. Well, thismorning he was downstairs watching TV while Marcus was getting ready for work and when he came up he had a little paint on his finger. Hmmm, I thought but didn't discover until later he had done this. I know you are thinking why did you leave out the paint you idiot? Well, I actually didn't, I just left the plate out with a little paint that I thought would dry over night, uh, it didn't. But I couldn't even be mad at him. He didn't go crazy like George did. He used a brush and there was only this little bit on the crab and a little more on the fish, he was trying to paint them just like I did. So we did have a talk but it was easy to fix. Now I'm wondering if that little George is a very good example!


4 comments:
That is too bad. George can be a bad example to kids. You are an excellent artist. I love your fish scene.
OH Marci, aren't kids the best, they keep us on our toes all the time!! I would leave your crab the way it was, it will add character and make for a great conversation piece for the party :)
Thats adorable!! What a stinker!!
Hey marci! I just found your blog from Laci's and I can't believe how grown up your boys are! And, I must say ditto to the Curious George dilemma...it is Grant's favorite show and I think it gives him new ideas to be naughty (as if he needs any help! :) )
Post a Comment