7.17.2008

Farewell to you, Lucy

Well, after several attempts to "solve our problem", I think it happened. Lucy has been gone for several days. I know what you're thinking. "Cat killer!" And I have to admit that some very bad thoughts did cross my mind when it came to Lucy and I even asked my SIL to "accidently" run over her (she said no). But that is not actually how it happened. She followed the kids and me when I went out to run, so I did save her once and threw her in the trailer with the kids, but once we had gone quite a ways she saw some birds and just had to have them! (ya know, like a kid in a candy store!) She hopped out (didn't know she could) and away she went. So yes, I did continue to run in the opposite direction, but can you blame me? After writing this, I do feel bad, but I have been praying that she is happy and safe and has found some other small children to nibble on. Just look at that face! Oh, and this morning Jacob asked, "Where'd the kitty go?" I had to give him the cold hard truth.

Oh, and her eyes used to be blue, they turned green. Does that tell you something about her?

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

amber belmonte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amber belmonte said...

oh. my. sad. i hope she's ok! [although i really hate cats]... hopefully she'll find another home.

Melissa said...

She looks like a cute kitty. She must have been a little dense to run off like that though. Maybe you can find a more suitable pet someday. My kids beg for a cat all the time but I just can't fathom caring for something else at this point.

Erin said...

I thought you were very brave to allow Lucy in the first place. You gave it a valiant effort. Lucy is off chasing her dream...birds. She reminds me of a cat I had when I was young...mean, mean, mean and bit everyone...we got rid of her...not exactly sure how, but it was just better for everyone.

Unknown said...

Poor, poor Lucy! So sad...but not really. I never dared leave my feet on the floor at your house...I'm scared of littly nibbling kittens!

Alexis said...

Well I think that you were great to take her to begin with, I do think that she changed after a while, maybe it is the green eyed thing, I don't know. In the long run I think you will be better off without her, heartless, I know but I am not a cat person. Hey if you are interested in another pet I know of a big, fat, black, shaved, cat that is potty trained and could use a loving home! ;)

Jaclyn said...

Jeeze Marci, don't know really what to say except that at least you and your family don't have to smell gross kitty litter box anymore. I wish I could ditch Max on one of our walks but unfortunately I can't run faster than him at present.

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

You are hillarious.

Brett and Becca Muir said...

Oh poor lucy!!! i hope she is okay. Marci you crack me up!!! well so long lucy